To BuyChoosing A
Agent Time to
Purchasing a property is most likely the biggest financial decision you will ever make. Whether this is your first purchase or you are an experienced buyer, this decision must be made carefully
Why Do You Want To Buy?
Are you tired of paying rent? Have you decided to pay your own mortgage and not your landlord’s? Have you outgrown your current home? Are you looking for an investment portfolio? Are you looking for a rental property? Would you like a larger yard? Would you rather live in a different area? Do you want to shorten your commute? Having a clear sense of your reasons for buying will help you choose the right property.
Has Your Income Grown?
Property ownership is an excellent investment; whether you are looking for your dream home, a rental property, or to expand your investment portfolio. Owning real estate is one of the least risky ways to build equity or to obtain a greater return on your initial investment.
WHY USE A BUYERS AGENT TO PURCHASE A NEW HOME FROM A BUILDER OR CUSTOM HOME BUILDER?
- That friendly and helpful salesperson works for and represents the builder’s interest and the builder’s interest only. Shouldn’t you have independent representation? I mean how many homes has the average person bought? Right…
- An agent can give you objective professional advice and insight during all phases of the process, such as contract, construction, walkthrough, and closing.
- An agent is your exclusive advocate and will help you understand your contract and obligations including when to schedule construction inspections.
- While the sale representative will always give the appearance that sales prices are non-negotiable, an experienced agent can use recent and historical sales data to aid in the negotiation. Data that is not always readily available during new construction.
- An agent has knowledge of and can leverage contracts, real estate law and the real estate community when things go wrong with the builder and in many cases I’ve seen they do.
- A buyer’s agent costs you nothing as the builder has allocated a sales commission to be paid to a buyer’s agent as most consumers are represented for the above reasons. When a buyer does not use a buyer’s agent, the builder either pays their sales representative a higher commission or pockets the savings.